July 21, 2018 at 8:43 am #10962
I’ve already sent an email about this so it’s not news to Olfi, but anyway, here you are Olfi (et al).
Here’s my wishlist…
I do a lot of touring on my motorbike.
I’d like a camera which i can externally power using the waterproof case though.
I’d like to be able to attach an external mic so i can position the mic by my engine (vroom vroom)
I’d like an aluminium material mount to use on my bike as i don’t like or trust plastic ones!July 26, 2018 at 10:59 pm #10965
I’d like a camera that’s waterproof without the case please Olfi. I use my camera as a dashcam daily but use it on my mountain bike and motorbike too.July 27, 2018 at 12:31 am #10970
I’d like that too Shamari, but don’t do it Olfi, you’ll ruin your rep. it’s so unreliable. Wait until a better solution comes along. The camera is really small anyway, the case isn’t that big a deal
Look at the comments, never mind the actual video.
I did my homework before buying my Olfi. Both GoPro and Drift (the only other options for me) both had water damage complaints when i was looking.July 28, 2018 at 9:34 am #10972
Thanks guys, keep them coming!August 12, 2018 at 1:46 pm #10980
I’m a Horse rider from North Wales. I use the camera on my helmet or chest on hacks. It’s big enough to be noticed by passing vehicles but it’s not heavy so it’s ideal for me. I bought the camera from Bolesworth Horse Show.
It’d be great to be able to mark the videos when i’m out and something happens, or i see something worth keeping as i do edit some videos when i get the chance so it’ll be quicker if i know which part of my videos i need to go to without looking through all the footage.August 30, 2018 at 7:51 pm #10981
LIVE RECORDOctober 19, 2018 at 10:57 am #10982
It’s been a while since anyone suggested anything through the forum but just FYI for forum post subscribers, the 2nd generation olfi one.five has been announced for release in a couple of weeks, with external mic, and time and date retentions amongst other things.
🙂October 31, 2018 at 8:31 am #11258
I would like an option for lens, possibly equivalent to 35mm in 35mm film format as a starting point, it still has a wide angle point of view but not quite as wide as normal. would still have great depth of focus as well
One other thing on a slightly lighter note, how about a wrap for the waterproof case to make it look like Kevin minion 🙂
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjJ4MLqobDeAhXGy4UKHfW0DpoQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tiendadeglobos.com%2Fglobo-minions-stuart-foil-948.html&psig=AOvVaw0buBTfQS9SfVFkVx5wemsm&ust=1541060973283901December 21, 2018 at 6:01 pm #12500
I would love GPS tagging/logging. That way I could track my trips & associate photos with locations. Speed & elevation logging would be even better.February 25, 2019 at 5:27 pm #14125
GPS tagging/logging. Definitely higher capacity batteries, 1hr 20mins with the 900 does not go far on a 100-mile cycle ride.
February 26, 2019 at 10:55 am #14128
- This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by roberttbadger.
Hi Robert, which model of Olfi do you have? If it’s the latest Black version there is a case which is available with a weathproof access point to attach an external power bank if you think that would help with battery life.February 26, 2019 at 6:36 pm #14137
Thanks for the quick response.
I have the new Olfi 1.5. Can you recommend a power bank? How long is the mini USB lead? I wear the camera on my helmet so it could be awkward. Another idea I am toying with is recharging the batteries with the charger plugged to my Garmin 1030 external powerpack. This would run as hub dynamo -> external power pack -> Olfi battery charger. Would this be viable? bearing in mind it can take up to 3hrs to fully charge the batteries in a conventional way.
March 12, 2019 at 10:32 am #14641
- This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by roberttbadger.
Unfortunately I don’t know how long the cable is, I would hope that it would be long enough to have it run to a covered power bank. I personally use a Black Web 10000 mAh bank which I have had attached to my Olfi and that gave me approx 4 hours of power with the battery being fully charged. Any longer and I would work out a way to connect to the mains power. The only way to make sure it would be suitable is probably test it out. Have everything fully charged and then set it up on a window sill so that you can at least view something and start it off. Go back after a couple of hours to see how much you have taken. It is pretty easy to work out, how many full files on the card multiplied by the time one has recorded and then there will be a smaller file which will be the last one. add them all up and you get the answer 🙂 just remember that temperature of the batteries will have an effect on the overall time as well thoughApril 3, 2019 at 9:09 am #15259
Hi, Im a pro photographer. I bought the Olfi at the Photography show in 2019, I was impressed by the range of accessories, the sensor in the camera at the price point you offer. So far it seems a great bit of kit but i think you could enhance it to make it more broadly appealing to more potential users with the following additions.
I would like to see the following:
1. RAW files (PC and Mac), I’m a Mac user, as are many togs.
2. HDR for photos-similar to how a smart phone takes two shots and blends them?
3. Timelapse: 4 secs intervals for clouds moving across the sky.
4. Timelapse exposure times: 1/2 sec, 1/4 sec are great for blurring people walking, water moving.
5. filters, a way to slide a little neutral density filter over the lens to slow the shutter speed down to achieve the longer exposure times, even in daylight.
6. histogram view, it would be great to see this somewhere.
7. Camera; exposure time (shutter speed), why is this limited to 1/30 sec? likely to cause camera shake-if its on Auto, can it shoot faster or is a 1/30 the max? so faster shutter speeds and also 1/4 and 1/2 sec speeds please for same reasons as in 4 and 5 above.
8. aperture-what is the aperture set to out of interest?
9. Accessory idea-a mini ball head. I have worked out a gorilla pod with the hot shoe adapter you sell to mount my olfi on a mini tripod set up but i cant easily adjust the camera to level the horizon so a small ball head would be great. there are lots of cheap flash cold shoes that do this so it doesn’t need to be too highly engineered.
I have emailed the guy who sold me the unit but not heard back, hopefully I can look forward to hearing from you on here.April 3, 2019 at 2:16 pm #15293
Hi ALex, welcome to the Olfi family, if I can help I will I have copied and pasted your questions and put my answers as addendums if that’s ok.
1. RAW files (PC and Mac), I’m a Mac user, as are many togs. Being fair not many action cameras shoot raw files especially at this price point. I am an old school former pro who shot on film, gave up just before digital took over the world and now just enjoy it as a hobby.
2. HDR for photos-similar to how a smart phone takes two shots and blends them? There isn’t currently anything available to enable the multiple exposures at varying ev settings to capture the seperate exposures to enable HDR. The space available internally on the board is, I would imagine, quite tight to have the extra processor power to allow that.
3. Timelapse: 4 secs intervals for clouds moving across the sky. Isn’t the 5 second interval option close enough?
4. Timelapse exposure times: 1/2 sec, 1/4 sec are great for blurring people walking, water moving. I get where your coming from however the fixed aperature would tend to negate that option until there is a set of ND filters available and I know the team are looking into this.
5. filters, a way to slide a little neutral density filter over the lens to slow the shutter speed down to achieve the longer exposure times, even in daylight. see my response to #5
6. histogram view, it would be great to see this somewhere. I understand where your coming from but again, price point and the available space on the motherboard would surely preclude this option, I’m more than happy to be proved wrong on this.
7. Camera; exposure time (shutter speed), why is this limited to 1/30 sec? likely to cause camera shake-if its on Auto, can it shoot faster or is a 1/30 the max? so faster shutter speeds and also 1/4 and 1/2 sec speeds please for same reasons as in 4 and 5 above. I fully understand the need for extra shutter speeds as an option. I believe this might be investigated in a future firmware update.
8. aperture-what is the aperture set to out of interest? It’s a fixed aperture lens, trying to get the spec for you
9. Accessory idea-a mini ball head. I have worked out a gorilla pod with the hot shoe adapter you sell to mount my olfi on a mini tripod set up but i cant easily adjust the camera to level the horizon so a small ball head would be great. there are lots of cheap flash cold shoes that do this so it doesn’t need to be too highly engineered. Olfi do have a mini tripod which has a ball head, great little bit of kit, I use mine all the time 🙂 https://www.olficamera.com/product/olfi-flexible-tripod/
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.