GET THE BEST OUT OF YOUR CAMERA BY KEEPING THE SOFTWARE UP TO DATE.
Select your action camera:
How do I update the firmware?
• Find your camera model above and press on the download button. A new tab will open and your download will begin.
• Your computer will display a file called FWOLFI.BIN and a file called Firmware changes, which should sit in your downloads file. If it doesn’t, simply search for it on your computer. The important file is the FWOLFI.BIN file. This is the only file you need to add to your memory card.
• Your file needs to read as FWOLFI.BIN. If it has renamed itself to anything else (FWOLFI(1).BIN or FWOLFI(copy).BIN etc) you need to rename the file FWOLFI.BIN, or the update will not work.
• You do not need to open the FWOLFI.BIN file. Doing so, will create a second file called FWOLFI.BIN.cpgz. If this happens, just delete the cpgz file.
• Connect your memory card to your computer using the SD card slot, or by putting it inside your Olfi and connecting the device using your USB power cable (You will need to select Mass Storage on your Olfi, when connected if using the USB cable).
• Locate the FWOLFI.BIN file on your computer and paste/move the file onto your SD card location in Finder or My Computer. Put this at the root of the SD card (underneath the DCIM folder (if its not a newly formatted card) or simply in the blank space where you’d normally see the DCIM folder. Do not place the file inside the DCIM folder, or the update won’t work.
• Safely eject your SD card or device from your computer by selecting the dismount/eject icon (or right clicking on your mouse and selecting the correct option). Please note: Failure to safely eject your device can cause your SD card to corrupt.
• Initiating the firmware update: Ensure your SD card is inside your Olfi and turn your Olfi on. Your camera will begin to flash slowly 5 times, then rapidly for a few seconds, reverting back to slow flashes before turning on. Update complete.
• You need to remove the firmware file from your memory card after you’ve completed the update otherwise it’ll load the firmware onto your camera every time you turn it on.
How do I remove the firmware from my memory card?
Choose an Option:
• Format your memory card inside your camera by going into the Setup Menu (this WILL delete any files you may have on your SD card, as well as your firmware file).
• Format your memory card in a computer.
• Connect your memory card to your computer, find it, and delete the FWOLFI.BIN file from the memory card, and safely eject your device/memory card from your computer to avoid corruption.
I put the wrong firmware on my camera. Help!
1. Remove the memory card and the battery from your camera to reset it.
2. Next, you need to remove the firmware file from your memory card using a computer by selecting the FWOLFI.BIN file and deleting it or sending it to ’trash’ ONLY
Please note: Do Not Format your memory card to remove the file as this may mean that you need to send your camera to us to sort out – If this happens, Get in touch
3. Locate the correct firmware version for your camera. Place this file on your SD card, following the firmware instructions online.
4. Correctly and safely ‘Dismount’ or ‘Eject’ your memory card from your computer. Do not simply remove the memory card as this may cause the update not to work, and can cause your memory card to corrupt.
5. Place the memory card inside your camera and initiate the update by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds.
I don't understand/downloaded the wrong firmware/something went wrong
It happens! If you have any problems/don’t understand the instructions, please do not hesitate to get in touch via our contact form here.